Terms and Conditions
The following forms the terms and conditions for the Scottish Sun ‘Free Books for Schools’ promotion. From here known as ‘the promotion’. By submitting an application to this promotion, you are hereby agreeing to these terms and conditions.
No responsibility will be accepted for any requests that cannot be made or are not received.
Site Usage Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS LEGAL STATEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Your use of this site and the information available on this site is subject to the following terms and conditions:
This site is owned, operated and maintained by The Scottish Sun and has been created for your information, education, entertainment and communication. This site and all perceptible components hereof, including without limitation text, images and audio, are copyrighted by The Scottish Sun.
Restrictions on Use
This site is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, distribute, transmit or modify in any way all or any part of this site.
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of The Scottish Sun or have been used with permission. You may not use any of such materials for any purpose without the express written agreement of The Scottish Sun or the trademark owner.
The Scottish Sun is eager to receive your comments and answer your questions about our products and our company. However, we are not seeking, nor can we accept, unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials relating to the development, design, manufacture or marketing of our products. By adhering to this policy, we hope to avoid subsequent misunderstandings with members of the public who submit comments or ideas relating to products or concepts developed by The Scottish Sun’s employees. Should you become employed by The Scottish Sun, none of the materials provided in this site constitute or should be considered part or all of an employment contract.
Links and dealings with other companies
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). We do not control Third Party Websites, and are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement or approval of any products, information, materials or services offered or provided on Third Party Websites, or any association with their operators.
Disclosure and Use of Your Communications
Postings to this site and electronic mail delivered to The Scottish Sun are not confidential and The Scottish Sun shall not be liable for any use or disclosure thereof. All communications and other materials (including, without limitation, unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials) you send to this site or to The Scottish Sun by electronic mail are, and shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of The Scottish Sun and may be used by The Scottish Sun for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SCOTTISH SUN MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT (TEXT AND IMAGES) OF THIS SITE. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE SCOTTISH SUN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, THE SCOTTISH SUN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER "VIRUSES."
Limitation of Liability
The Scottish Sun shall not be liable for damages of any kind, including without limitation special or consequential damages, arising out of your access to, or inability to access, this site or your use of, or reliance upon, this site or its contents. In addition, The Scottish Sun has no duty to update this site or its contents and shall not be liable for any failure to update it. Further, The Scottish Sun is neither responsible nor liable for your use of other web sites which you may access via certain links within this site. These links and other "resources" referenced on this site are provided merely as a public service to users of the World Wide Web and inclusion in our site does not constitute an endorsement by or affiliation with The Scottish Sun.
The Scottish Sun, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to (1) change this Legal Statement, (2) monitor and remove postings, and (3) discontinue site availability at any time without notice. If any term, condition, or provision of this Legal Statement is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. This Legal Statement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Scottish Sun relating to the subject matter herein. By using this site, you are acknowledging your consent to the foregoing terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
- Promoter: News Group Newspapers Ltd (publishers of The Scottish Sun) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the "Promoter"). Please do not send applications or registrations to this address.
- Eligibility: The promotion is open to local authority and independent primary schools in Scotland only. For full list of eligible schools please visit www.scottishsunfreebooksforschools.co.uk.
- Registration Period: Schools must register online to be eligible to receive the free books. Please register at www.scottishsunfreebooksforschools.co.uk between 9.59 am on September 3 – midnight on October 5, 2018.
- Registration only valid online. No postal or telephone registrations will be accepted.
- Schools must provide an email address and contact telephone number registered to the school to be eligible to enter the promotion. Personal emails and telephone numbers will not be accepted and will therefore render the application void.
- Each school must collect 3,500 tokens from The Scottish Sun and the Scottish Sun on Sunday to qualify for the free books. Any applications received with less than 3,500 will not be eligible to receive the books.
- Coupons will appear in paper from 23rd September until November 18th (inclusive).
All coupons must be originals cut from a newspaper. Photocopies or duplications of any kind will be disregarded and not count towards the final total for any school.
- Each registered school can collect for one pack of books only. Multiple applications will not be accepted. Any additional coupons provided will not count towards receipt of further product.
- The pack of Collins books is as stated, full list of books can be found here and no alternative titles will be offered and no exchanges will be made.
- 'Free books' refers to the set of books provided by Collins to eligible schools and consists of 105 Collins Big Cat books. With an RRP of £550.
- All tokens must be sent to Scottish Sun Free Books for Schools, PO Box 13263, Nether Road, Galashiels, TD1 9AJ by Dec 3rd 2018. Any tokens received after this date will not be counted and books will not be allocated to that school.
- The Scottish Sun will not be held responsible for lost applications. Recorded delivery is recommended.
- Books will be received no later than 31st January 2019. Please allow up to 8 weeks from closure of promotion to receive your books.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Scotland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- This Promotion is administered by Multiply UK, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland on behalf of the Promoter.
- Participants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the internet. These costs may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Participants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited. The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any participant.
- In particular the Promoter does not assume any responsibility, liability, loss, damage or injury sustained as a result of or in connection with this Promotion:
- for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise;
- for any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Promotional Codes at any point in the operation of this promotion;
- where there is no breach of any legal duty of care owed to the participant;
- where any loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of breach of any such duty of care;
- any damage caused to the Books after they have been despatched to the successful schools;
- as a result of any delay or failure to perform any obligation to a participant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party;
- where any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
- for business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
- The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to user error, any network, computer, and hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion. For more information please contact us via the firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits the Promoter's liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence.
- All information detailed at scottishsunfreebooksforschools.co.uk is correct at the start date of this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all claims and disqualify any entrants where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry.
- The Promoter’s decision is final.
The promoter reserves the right to vary the terms & conditions or remove the coupon offering in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- Use of the Promoters’ site is governed by the terms and conditions.